The season is on! I'm watching the Colorado-Rochester game on B2 right now, and I've locked the pool site, so the teams are now available to be viewed by everyone.
Jeff called me about an hour before game time and pointed out a problem with the groups. The top four wild card players listed were Jeff Zywicki, Luke Wiles, Gary Rosyski, and Cam Sedgwick, all of whom play for San Jose, and all of whom had more points last year than anyone in group 14 (other than Sedgwick, who would have been in group 14). Jeff is right, the groups are a little messed up. Obviously it was too late to fix it, so I apologize. Somehow the player table and the group table got out of sync, so when making the groups, those four players (and a number of others) were removed from the groups table. The other players removed wouldn't have been in groups anyway, so they didn't matter, but those four did. I have already written a script that will make sure the database is consistent, so I will incorporate that script into my group creation script, so that this problem won't happen next year.
Again, I'm very sorry about this problem. Almost everyone picked Zywicki as one of their wild card players, so it's kind of skewed the wild card picks. Perhaps I need to change the week 3 substitution rules in some way, but I'm not sure how. Feel free to comment here or send me an email or message if you have any suggestions.
Hmmm....less than 15 minutes into the season, and one of my goalies has been taken out already. Not a good start....
No comments:
Post a Comment